Dear MIT Postdocs,
Next Wednesday August 1st you will be electing the next group of officers for the MIT PDA that will represent you for the 2018-2019 academic year. We have a lot of great candidates running. See candidate statements here.
- Elections will take place Wednesday August 1st from 12:00-2:00 pm in 68-181.
- Please review the candidate statements below and you may contact them directly with any questions. Note that the candidates were self-nominated or nominated by someone else through the publicly announced and an open process. Candidate eligibility was subject to the constitution and bylaws of MIT PDA.
- All MIT Postdocs (Associates and Fellows) are eligible to vote. Please bring MIT ID. You have to be present at the polling site to cast your ballot. No proxy voting is allowed.
- On election day paper ballots will be handed out upon eligibility verification and you will have the opportunity to cast your vote by secret ballot to the candidate of your choice. (Link to Bylaws and Constitution)
- Candidates will need to secure a simple majority to be elected for a position. Results will be announced by email later that evening and advertised on the PDA website, twitter and Facebook accounts as well.
Please send any questions or comments about the election to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in helping to verify eligibility of voters, counting the votes, and to assisting with the polling stations please contact the election committee email@example.com. We are always welcoming volunteers!
The election committee is responsible for independently running the general election. Note that to ensure a completely transparent and fair election process none of the election committee members are running for office in this election cycle. The members of the election committee are Taeyoon Kyung(Chair), Mohammed Azad, Lai Tse Tso, Wei Sun Leong and Nannan Mao.
(No nominations were received for Alumni, Fundraising, Human Affairs, Orientation, and Postdoc Initiative Grants Committees during the nomination period. Elections for filling these open positions will be arranged by the incoming 2018-2019 PDA leadership in accordance with our bylaws and constitution)
on behalf of election committee
The Ultimate Crash Course for Consulting Interviews
Who: Management Consulted
What: Consulting Interview Bootcamp
Where: MIT, Room 56-154
When: Sunday July 15th, 2018
About your presenter:
Jenny Rae Le Roux, MD of Management Consulted, is known for being tough, honest, constructive, supportive and fun. She leads workshops at 60+ schools each year, including Harvard Business School, Columbia University, LSE, Stanford, Berkeley, and more. The MC team’s 3500+ clients include recipients of 2017 offers from:
McKinsey – Bain – BCG – Booz Allen Hamilton – LEK – Oliver Wyman – Deloitte Consulting – PwC Advisory – KPMG – Ernst & Young – APT – NERA – Capgemini – Seabury Consulting – Ocean Strategy
…and 170+ other boutiques in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Come partake in the ultimate crash course for consulting interviews with the expert team from Management Consulted!
Organized by MIT-PDA Human Affairs and Sports commitees
Made possible through a generous grant from the MIT Comitttee for Race and Diversity.
Race For Diversity Run (RFD 2018) is an MIT faculty-staff-student engagement program to celebrate diversity and inclusion at MIT. It is aimed at highlighting the spirit of our multicultural community here at MIT and our shared pursuit of excellence in research and education. It is a FREE event! We invite you to join us for the RFD 2018.
PRIZES for Winners! Lunch will be served.
When: 23rd June 2018, Saturday
Where: MIT Indoor Z-Center : Johnson Track (3rd Floor)
11.00 am Registration
11.30 am Race starts
1.00 pm Lunch
2.15 pm Volleyball match
3.30 pm End
MIT-PDA alumni committee is hosting a career development and networking event for current postdocs. The event involves round table discussions to learn from experienced professionals about how to achieve career goals and to be better prepared before the completion of your postdoctoral training. Please see the attached flyer.
Date: June 27th (Wednesday)
Time: 5-7 PM
Place: W98 (MIT Alumni Association Lobby Area), 600 Memorial DriveAlumni event flyer – 061818
Food: Provided by the PDA
Registration: Register here by June 26th with your area of interest.